Monday, June 13, 2011

Jeff Jarvis: 'I Was Wrong About Anthony Weiner'

I called this guy "a bleedin' idiot" last week, so it's only fair to give credit where credit's due.

At Huffington Post, "My Weiner Confession: I Was Wrong":
I just want to get this on the record and off my (fully clothed) chest: I was wrong about Anthony Weiner.

I'd said nothing about the whole hoo-ha because I didn't think it was worth the attention. Then I got a call from Howard Kurtz' Reliable Sources to come on last Sunday and talk about it. My wife said, Why are you doing that? I said, I'll be on the right side. As always, she was right. On the show, I said that media were using this as an opportunity for sophomoric jokes and that the fuss over a penis was a symptom of American Puritanism. What's the worst that happened here? I asked: So what if he had a stupid picture on his phone and accidentally tweeted it, so long as he wasn't sexually harassing anyone? But that's not the worst that happened.

Weiner lied. That is the story. That's what haters said in email to me after the CNN segment. They were right.
There's more at the link above, but that's the gist of it. And that's quite a lot. It takes maturity and responsibility to admit when you're wrong, qualities that Charles Johnson clearly lacks. Folks are still waiting for the rest of the left's huge Weiner supporters to come clean. Progressives got beat up on this. Defending this behavior is itself indefensible.

Note: That's the rare link to Little Green Footballs. I don't usually do the delinking thing all that much. It's mostly Charles Johnson and RACIST REPSAC = CASPER. I link Lawyers, Guns and Murder all the time, or at least I had been, but I'm having some legal issues with one of the bloggers over there, so I've been holding back. It's not Dave Brockington, however. That dude's attacking critics of Anthony Weiner as "moral fascists," which is really too much. Goes with the territory at LGM, and I'll have more about it later. Let's just say that folks like that haven't a thread of the integrity of Jeff Jarvis.

No comments:

Post a Comment