Monday, June 13, 2011

Kelly Clarkson's Interview with Us

The former American Idol Winner takes reality TV and her love of it with Us.

Us: Why did you decide to do this great event?

Kelly Clarkson: I think what Tupperware is doing with the Chain of Confidence is so important, creating a place where women can share confidence, show support and build each other up. I’ve learned how important confidence is, especially in this industry, and I am into anything that helps people just be themselves.

Us: Why is the Boys & Girls Clubs of America so important?

KC: The Boys & Girls Clubs of America is so necessary because they build places where children can have a safe haven and support center, which is so important for kids to have at a young age. That’s where confidence starts!

Us: What do you do to relax?

KC: I love spending time with my friends and family. And I just love to sing. I am also a reality show junkie-you name it, I watch it!

Us: Do you still watch Idol? Who should win?

KC: I do still watch Idol, more this season than any other! I totally love Lauren…I just love when you can see someone sing through their “person” and you can just feel it- she has so much beauty that comes through with her singing.

Us: Will you watch the X Factor?

KC: I will – I love all of those talent shows and think they are great for the whole industry, because they are all about the music and the voice-everything it should be about.

Us: What are your thoughts on having confidence while living in the limelight?

KC: It is so hard to find confidence in this industry when everyone is trying to tell you what they think you should be. I have learned to schedule a lot of “me” time so I can make sure I am always feeling my best. I have also been so lucky that God gave me amazing people in my life that help keep me grounded and be the best I can be.

Us: What’s your guilty pleasure?

KC: Reality TV- you name it, I watch it!

Us: Are girls from Texas tougher than girls from the other 49 states?

KC: I am so proud to be from Texas and I can say we definitely have tough girls. Traveling around the country I have noticed there are tough girls all over!

Us: When you get writer’s block how do you get over it?

KC: That is such a tough question! Sometimes it is better to just separate for a little while and hang out with family or friends until I can just be back in the writing zone.

No comments:

Post a Comment